Claire had her two-month checkup today and got stuck with a needle three times for her first immunizations since birth. (Poll: Who flinched more - Mom or Claire?)
Claire was given a clean bill of health and impressed Dr. Schumacher with how she was holding her head up and able to support herself with her legs.
She weighed in at 11 pounds, 4.5 ounces and was 23.5 inches long. Her length puts her at about the 90th percentile. Her weight is about the 60th and her head size about the 80th. Her height, weight and head size have all been tracking very consistently since birth. So far she's pretty proportional, with the exception of her eyelashes... They've got to be 99th percentile.
Last night we read some books to her and it was the first time she actually seemed to be paying attention and looking with interest at the pictures. "I Am A Bunny" was an especially big hit!
In other news: Kate goes back to work this week (unhappily) and Will discovers (unhappily) that pushups with Claire on his back will make his arms very sore the next day.
WH
3 comments:
Thanks for the update, Will!
Sounds like Claire is doing well.
Hope the immunizations don't make
the little sweetie cranky.
Grandma Cooper
I didn't know taste in books was genetic. (I guess as a librarian I should have known that important fact.) "I Am a Bunny" was the favorite of Claire's dad from a very early age....or maybe it's all due to Teaser's influence.
Grandma Hoyer
I know an experienced baby watcher who loves to read bunny books, especially to super-cute babies! Let me know if you guys want a night out or just an extra pair of hands on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I would be grateful for the chance to take a thesis break!
Kelly Aschbrenner
Post a Comment