Friday, September 28, 2007

A trip back to Decorah

We traveled back to Decorah on Wednesday afternoon. Will and I were invited back to participate in a panel discussion about grad school for the Luther Biology students. Thanks very much to Colleen, Bernie, and Maria for babysitting Claire during the seminar. (we forgot the camera in the car and didn't get any pictures. :o(

The above picture is in front of Valders, the science hall where Will and I spent a great deal of time many years ago. We really enjoyed catching up with all our professors on this trip.


The Hotel Winn - The bio department put us up in style! (photo by W)


We visited Dunning's Springs. Will and I did a science experiment together here many years ago, before we even started dating. And it's just a beautiful place. They had a lot of rain there in August, so the waterfalls were pretty big for this time of year.







Claire traveled very well (~3 hours each way) but toward the end of the trip home she was getting antsy. An almost-full box of kleenex provided just enough entertainment to get us all home without a lot of screaming. By the time we got home, of course, the box was empty.


-K

2 comments:

Stalin said...

Makes me miss Decorah- sounds like a great trip! You guys have really been busy driving :)

Rochelle said...

All of these pictures are great! She is so adorable. I especially love the kleenex picture.