Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super (snowy) Tuesday

[Disclaimer: this post is not about Claire. It contains political content.]

Because it's Super Tuesday politics are on my mind. Others are far more eloquent, more talented, more creative and funnier than I so I'll just link to them here and here. There. I've said it. You have a good idea where I stand.

Now, on to the other thing on my mind... snow. Here in Madison we've gotten five feet of snow so far this winter and that doesn't count the 7-10" we're supposed to get tonight and tomorrow. I really like snow for about two months of the year. Now, however, I'm ready for winter to be over. This was driven home this morning when I dragged myself out of bed to go for a run on icy/snowy/slushy streets and sidewalks knowing that that would be preferable to running in too many inches of heavy wet snow tomorrow. Then today at lunch I was eating some yummy homemade black bean soup left over from the Super Bowl and I realized I was getting tired of soups and was instead craving the grilled food, cold pasta salad, and fresh veggies from the garden that are still too many months away.

What did that groundhog forecast the other day, anyway? I wasn't paying any attention. I was probably shoveling.

-wch

4 comments:

Stalin said...

I am also sick of the shoveling!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to say, Will, the ground hog said six more weeks!
Ann

Anonymous said...

Boring. Where are the Claire pictures/anecdotes? Also, anyone is welcome to come to St. Louis, where snow melts in the 70 degree weather we have the day after it falls.

Anonymous said...

I think if the groundhog sees his shadow, it is six more weeks. If he doesn't, spring comes in 42 days.