Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Quiz answers

Ok, I'm a little late getting the answers to you. Unfortunately, we had no winners. In fact, most of you didn't even try! I guess it was too difficult - I admit, her speech is a little hard to understand these days!

Here are the answers:

1. Which of the following is not a word/phrase that Claire has meant when she says: “mip”?
a) Milk
b) Thank you
c) Jump
d) Mic (microphone)

We have no idea why "mip" is jump or thank you. It also means "minutes" as in "5 more mip to play before coming inside to brush teeth and get ready for bed."

2. Which of the following is not a word/phrase that Claire has meant when she says: “da”?
a) Walk
b) Banana
c) Strawberry
d) Star

For a while all fruit was "da," now some are different names. And stars. Yes, of course!

3. What does Claire mean when she says: “Cheen”?
a) Chin
b) Kitchen
c) Car
d) Either a or b (depending on context)

4. What does Claire mean when she says: “Low-sh”?
a) Ocean
b) Lotion
c) Storm
d) None of the above

Maybe the one that makes the most sense.

5. What does Claire mean when she says: “Doe”?
a) Green
b) Deer
c) Door
d) Phone

This one is a little more confusing. She learned that red lights mean stop and green lights mean go. So she would call the color green "go." Except it doesn't sound like 'go' it sounds like "doe."

6. What does Claire mean when she says: "Touch"?
a) Touch
b) Throw
c) Truck
d) TV

7. What does Claire mean when she says: "Feep"?
a) Feet
b) Sleep
c) Sweet
d) Either b or c

Mostly this is 'sleep' but sometimes she calls Lise "feep pea" - we prefer that to "pea pea" which is how it came out the first time or two she tried.

Sorry, I have no new pictures on my computer, so you'll have to wait for a picture.

Nice try to those who played. Maybe next time I'll write an easier quiz, though I do grade on the curve if no one scores over 50% !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think my 4/7 for 57% is pretty good, considering we had no context to work with!
"Ma"