Thursday, July 19, 2012

A little about Lise

I can't believe how much older she seems in the last few months!  She and Claire play very well together (most of the time) and are definitely more 'equals' in deciding the rules of the imaginary games they are playing. It used to be that Claire would set everything up ("I'm the mom, you're the kid, and ...") but these days Lise is just as likely to set things up or throw in important plot twists.  They both know very well how to push each other's buttons though, which happens more frequently on some of these long, hot summer days!
IMG_7653

She's just as interested in Claire's long chapter books as Claire is and very happy when Claire (or Will or I) will read them to her, but she also looks through them on her own.  She can easily write an "L" for Lise, and sometimes the other letters (or something close) if helped with the order.

As I write this Lise is still talking with Claire in their room when they are supposed to be sleeping - it's 9pm and they've been in there since 7:30pm. Sometimes I think it's their favoriate part of the day, but it's about time I go break things up for the night!

No comments: