Monday, February 05, 2007

Alumni Meet






We went back to our alma mater this Saturday for the annual Alumni Track Meet. (indoors, of course. Runners may be crazy, but we're not THAT crazy!) We had a lot of fun seeing friends from college (and their babies) and checking out updates to the campus.

Neither Will or I ran in any events (I feel like I have an excuse... who's cute and turned three months old on Saturday. His excuse was something lame like not wanting to get injured. Lest you think he's just lazy I will point out that he was out running this morning at 6am... in minus 16 degree weather (and that's NOT including windchill!!!)

However, Claire represented the family and competed in her first race ever - the Kids' 55m race. Check out the shots of her at the starting blocks. She might have had to be carried by her dad the whole 55 meters, but so did a few other kids who were physically able to run. Next year she'll be going under her own power, we suspect.

-K

2 comments:

Brian Cooper said...

So, what was her time?

Anonymous said...

You go little girl!! I'm thinking Summer Olympics 2028. Mom and Dad, I suggest running shoes (when she walks). Then she'll show the rest of the field.

Grandma Julie