Thursday, August 16, 2007

Claire helps with the laundry


Claire was very helpful the other day while mom was taking down the diapers from the clothesline. She enjoyed sitting in the basket and playing with the clothespins while the diapers piled up around her.
-K

3 comments:

Josie said...

Ping and Pong do the same thing when I do laundry! -A

Nathan said...

I remember playing with clothespins for what seemed like hours when I was little (so it was probably minutes). :-)

Los Francos said...

Cute. Just be careful not to make the same mistake my parents did when I was Claire's age. They too made me play with clothes pins from the line where my cloth diapers were hanging. It's a nice memory, but I've always felt like there were some things missing from my childhood. I was robbed of the chance to experience that straight-from-the-warm-dryer, Fresh Rain fabric softener scent the Snuggle bear always talked about. My diapers were only scentless and rock-hard, dried stiff by the harsh desert sun. I never got to hear that buzz from the dryer, signaling the perfect balance of dry and soft, like music to a baby's precious little ears. And it was years before I even knew that Velcro, plastic and Mickey Mouse could co-exist in such perfect harmony. Such a shame, such a shame...

sf