Sunday, July 01, 2012

Matching Dresses and Skirt

The girls have been asking me to make them more dresses... they love wearing dresses (and fancy flip flops and hair bows - thanks, Grandma Fran!):

IMG_7521
Dresses from Target, hair bows and fancy flip flops from Grandma Fran and Pa!

Longtime readers of this blog may, or may not, remember matching dresses that were made a couple years ago.  The little dress now fits Sage, and the big dress fits Lise... but that leaves Claire feeling quite left out.  So she had been wanting me to make her another dress. 

I ended up having enough fabric already on hand in a flower print they both loved and so last week I made them matching dresses and made Sage a little matching skirt.

Here's one picture:

DSC_0091

If you want to see a couple other pictures and see more details on the dresses, you can check out my new blog http://iowasummersewing.blogspot.com/ I started it after encouragement from a friend, to share some of my quilting and sewing projects with the two or three people who are interested (I will probably mostly work on the projects and write about them in the summer time - hence the name!).

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Adorable dresses!! My sisters and I always wanted to dress alike too - "so people would think we were triplets" - we look absolutely nothing alike, so we didn't fool anyone, but we thought it was the coolest thing. :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable! And, oh, yes, the dresses are nice too....

Nana