Sunday, March 02, 2008

Photos on the run

Sometimes when I'm reading the blog of a friend of a friend, I wonder how they are able to get a cute smiling picture of their daughter every day. This morning I realized why I might have more trouble with that task. I was being chased around the house by Claire as I was trying to get a picture of her in a cute sweater, knitted by Grandma C. (Yes, I did say that Claire was chasing me.) See, their daughter is younger and hasn't started really walking yet. Claire can walk: frontways, sideways, and backward, as well as run, pretty fast. AND Claire knows (somehow) that on the back of the camera you can see little pictures of babies. And if there's one thing that Claire loves more than running, it's pictures of babies (her, primarily). So, this means as soon as the camera comes out, she is usually off and running to try to see the babies. Good luck getting a cute, smiling picture of that most of the time.

Here are some of my attempts this morning, which involved me running as fast as I could away from her, and trying to take the picture as she ran toward me. Not really the result I was looking for:



This time she caught up with me and ended up too close to the camera, and no real smile because she was grabbing for the camera to see the babies:


Finally, I decided I was going to have to resort to more of a posed shot and since Will had just gotten back from a run he made faces so she'd smile:


She didn't stay in the chair for long, but at least I got the photo, more or less.

-K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the sweater fits Claire now, just in time for the sweater weather we should be having sometime soon!
Grandma C

MacBensen said...

Thanks for the compliment :) It helps for snapshots that she's not yet walking. But we do have a ton of "Blair Witch" like photos of her reaching for the shiny silver toy (ie. camera). I say I take about 20 shots for each one I post. Congrats on the job, and good luck selling the house!