Monday, June 01, 2009

Seven years

Warning: This post contains emotional material.

Seven years ago today my world changed. It got immensely better. We were just a small family of two then and life was good. We were young, happy and healthy… and in love.

Fast forward seven years. Our family is now twice as big and life is great. I’ve learned so much over the last seven years. I would have been clueless with a baby in front of me. I wouldn’t have known where to start if asked to cook a meal from scratch. I certainly had no idea just how powerful the love for a child can be. And I had no clue just how wonderful it would be to be married to my best friend, somebody I have absolute trust in, somebody who is beautiful in every way and somebody who makes me a better person.

Seven years ago my world changed. And now it’s even better. We’re older now, but still happy, still healthy… and still in love.

Kate, thanks for seven great years. I love you.

1 comment:

Johnson Family Blog said...

That was really sweet Will. I am so happy for you, Kate and the girls, you are all an inspiration to us!