Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The "B" word

This is a really great picture for reasons that aren't very obvious on a blog. Lise is not screaming. She is not crying. She is not complaining. She is drinking mama's milk from a bottle and everything is fine!

Some of you may remember the month-long, painful process of trying to get Claire to drink mama's milk from a bottle in preparation for me going back to grad school. Every day we'd give her a bottle and every day she would scream like we were trying to kill her. (She always has been a stubborn one, I guess - we should have expected her potty training issues.) Claire finally decided bottles were tolerable only a couple days before I had to go back to work.

Lise has had a bottle almost every day for the past week and while she made a little face the first couple of times (she does love me best!) she drinks fine and hasn't screamed once. Even though I don't have to go back to work full-time quite as soon with Lise as I did with Claire, I am still very relieved. Will also is glad that now if I take a quick trip over to my office to pick something up and get caught talking with first my boss and then a student in my class that he'll be able to feed her if needed and not be helpless with a crying baby.

Here are a couple other pictures from today:



No comments: